Note: The product less than 2.0 mm thickness can be formed by stamping. The products larger than 2.0mm shall be processed by turning, milling, drilling and other processes.
Rigid micanite plate is an excellent material for electrical insulation in high temperature. They are made of heater micanite with muscovite , phlogopite or synthetic type of mica (90%) in combination with organic silicon resin (10%).
These plates are certified by:
- environmental certificate TUV Z05811263
- certificate SGS-RoHS - No. SH6148278/CHEM
- certificate for contact with food FDA - No. RJSSZ060586FDA
There are three types of rigid plates:
- muscovite rigid plates, color: silver, continuous operating temperature: 500 ℃, intermittent operating temperature: 800 ℃,
- phlogopite rigid plates, color: amber, continuous operating temperature: 750 ℃, intermittent operating temperature: 1000 ℃,
- phluorphlogopite plates, color white, continuous operating temperature: 900℃, intermittent operating temperature: 1100 ℃.
Synthetic mica has higher temperature resistance than muscovite and phlogopite mica. Synthetic mica is extensively applied on products with strict requirement of high dielectrical strength and high temperature resistance.
- domestic appliances: irons, hair dryers, toaster, oven, microwave, heater;
- in industry: fabric heating elements, tubular heaters, heating elements of the press, insulation for furnaces.
Rigid micanite plates R-5660H Series
We offer a rigid micanite plate R-5660-H series. Plates of this series are mainly used in household appliances (ovens, toasters, microwave ovens, fan heaters, hair dryers, irons, etc.) as supports for heating elements or insulating liner.
Relative to general insulation material, the prominent advantages of the flexible mica plate are:
- excellent insulating properties at high temperature: At 500-1000℃ operating ambient temperature, the voltage breakdown resistance is 15KV/mm;
- good tensile property: It can be processed into a variety of shapes without layer separation;
- excellent environmental protection performance: The product contains no asbestos, and has less smoke and odors, even smokeless and odorless when heating;
- excellent acid and alkali resistance, and oil resistance.
minimum 18-24 months, if stored at ambient temperature of 20ºC ± 5ºC in dry condition.
- typical sizes of plates: 1000 × 1000mm
- thickness: 0.1mm, 0.15mm, 0.2mm .. 100mm
Parameters of rigid micanite plates
|Mica content||%||ca. 90||ca. 90||ca. 90||IEC 371-2|
|Bond content||%||ca. 10||ca. 10||ca. 10||IEC 371-2|
|Density||g/cm3||2.25±0,1||2,2 - 2,3||2.25±0,1||IEC 371-2|
|Heat loss at 500 ℃||%||<1||<1||<1||IEC 371-2|
|Heat loss at 700 ℃||%||<2||<2||IEC 371-2|
|Water absorption||%||<0.2||< 1,5||<0.2||GB/T5019|
|Dielectric strength||kV/mm||>25||> 25||>25||IEC 243|
|Insulation resistance at 23 ℃||Ω.cm||1017||1017||IEC93|
|Insulation resistance at 500 ℃||Ω.cm||1012||1012||IEC93|
|Test for flammability||s||<4||<4|
|Compressive strength||MPa||>300||>300||ISO 604|
|Tensile strength||MPa||>200||140||>200||ISO 527|
|Flexural strength||MPa||>225||180||>225||ISO 178|
|These data, collected in the form of a PDF document to download and print, is available here or click link bellow.|
Rigid micanite plates based on sythetic mica.
While every attempt has been made to verify the source of the information, no responsibility is accepted for accuracy of data.